Come to share your findings. Leave with input that makes an impact. As the premier meeting for gastroenterology and hepatology professionals, Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2023 is the ideal venue for presenting your abstract. Abstract submission is now open through Dec. 1.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to share your findings with a global audience and discuss your ideas with experts from around the globe. In addition to presenting at DDW 2023, accepted abstracts will be published in the May online supplements to Gastroenterology or GIE: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, two of the top ranked gastroenterology journals.
DDW 2023 takes place May 6–9 in Chicago, IL and online. Selected abstract presenters are required to attend and present in person. There is a virtual presentation option for those who may be unable to attend in Chicago. In the abstract submission site, select the ePoster only presentation option.
Before you hit submit, make sure you’ve reviewed this year’s submission guidelines and categories, and jot down the important dates below. When you’re done, share the good news and encourage others to submit — we’ve created sample posts and a graphic you can easily post to your social media channels.
Be Prepared with Important Submission Dates
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022, at 21:00 Eastern time (UTC –5): Abstract submission deadline.
- Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022, at 9:00 Eastern time (UTC -5): Basic Science Travel Awards application opens.
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2022, at 15:00 Eastern time (UTC –5): Co-Author disclosures due.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023: Abstract notifications sent via email to authors.
- Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023: Basic Science Travel Awards application deadline.
Abstract-Related Awards and Grants
Calling all early career authors of basic science abstracts: apply for a DDW Basic Science Travel Award for the chance to receive a grant and recognition during the meeting. Applications will be open Dec. 15, 2022, through Feb. 23, 2023. Several of DDW’s sponsoring societies also offer grants; visit the DDW website to learn more and apply.