The deadline to apply for a DDW Basic Science Travel Award is fast approaching — submit your application by Wednesday, Feb. 23. Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) will award up to 20 authors of basic science abstracts with a $1,000 grant and recognition at the 2022 meeting.
These awards are open to trainees and early career GIs who have been accepted to present a basic science abstract at DDW 2022 (full details below). Don’t miss this opportunity to be recognized for your hard work; start your application today.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Currently be enrolled in a training program or within three years of completing their training as of the application deadline.
- Be listed as the presenting author of a basic science abstract accepted for presentation at DDW 2022.
- Be able to attend DDW 2022 in person in San Diego and present their abstract at the time and date specified in their abstract acceptance notification.
Applications must include the following materials. Failure to submit all documentation by the Feb. 23 deadline may result in the application not being considered.
- A copy of the applicant’s accepted DDW 2022 abstract, listing the applicant as the presenting author.
- Current CV/resume.
- Letter of intent describing the applicant’s role in the research presented in the abstract and their plans for future research.
- Name and contact information for a faculty sponsor.
Sponsoring Society Grants and Awards Available
In addition to DDW Basic Science Travel Awards, DDW’s sponsoring societies also have various grants available. Learn more on each society website linked below.