While Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) may look a little different this year, you’ll still be able to attend high-quality sessions in a variety of formats. Below, we’ve broken down the types of sessions that will be offered during the three days of DDW Virtual™ so you know what to expect. You can view the full agenda for the meeting using the DDW Online Planner, which can be filtered by session format. All sessions are included in the cost of registration.
Over 300 original lecture sessions and more than 2,000 oral abstract and ePoster presentations will be available during DDW 2021. Sessions will feature some of the most prestigious experts in their fields and cutting-edge research findings. All sessions will be available for attendees to watch on demand until Aug. 23, 2021. For a full list of session formats, visit the DDW website.
- Live Sessions: Attend live scientific sessions from 10–11:30 a.m., 1–2:30 p.m. 3:30–5 p.m. and 5:30–7 p.m. EDT each day of DDW. All sessions will offer live chat, and select sessions will also include live Q&A for attendees to ask questions in real time.
- On-Demand Sessions: Select sessions do not have a scheduled time and will be available to watch on demand in the meeting platform once DDW begins on Friday, May 21. These sessions can be viewed at any time and will be available until Aug. 23, 2021.
- Continuing Conversations: These blocks offer attendees an opportunity to participate in dynamic discussion directly following select sessions. The 30-minute conversation provides additional time for Q&A, networking and open discussion.
DDW will also offer small-group networking sessions to allow you to engage with other attendees and speakers to form connections and share experiences, ideas and solutions.
- Grand Rounds: Speakers will bring a case for discussion. Topics include gastrointestinal oncology, microbiome and microbial therapy, nutrition and GI and more.
- Young GI and Trainee Experience: Meet and network with other trainee and early career GI attendees from around the world. Information will be available from each of the sponsoring societies, as well as trainee-specific programming.
- Diversity Continuing Conversations: Network and participate in dynamic discussion in an informal, small-group, virtual atmosphere directly following the DDW Diversity Symposium and Gastroenterology Women’s Coalition (GWC) Symposium.
Industry Sponsored Education
Attend programming by our trusted industry partners, including:
- Product Theaters: 45-minute, pre-recorded sessions about the latest GI products and services. These sessions do not offer CME credit, but they are a valuable chance to keep up to date with the newest technology in the field. Attend Product Theaters between DDW scientific sessions from 8–9:45 a.m., 9:15–10 a.m., 11:30–12:15 p.m., 12:15–1 p.m. and 2:30–3:15 p.m.
- Satellite Symposia: Educational programs in between DDW scientific sessions, often offering CME credit to attendees. Satellite Symposia will take place from 7–9:30 a.m. and 7:15–9 p.m. each day of DDW.