In case you missed the news, the abstract submission site for Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2022 is officially open. To help you craft an excellent abstract, we turned to our experienced submitters on Twitter and asked for their best advice for abstract submission. Once you read through their tips, head over to the abstract submission site. The deadline to submit is Thursday, Dec. 2 at 21:00 Eastern time (UTC -5).
One sentence for problem, one sentence for objectives, 2 sentences for methods, add key results. Then revise, revise, revise. Make digestible, clear, don’t overstate results, add a figure if you can.
— Marina Serper, MD, MS (@serperm) October 15, 2021
Make sure to tie all the results together with an impactful summary statement!
— Vik Meadows (@TXevergreengirl) October 15, 2021
1. Follow guidelines on the website.
2. Don’t wait until the last minute.
3. Make sure your conclusions are backed by your results.
4. Be humble in your conclusions.
5. Use intro section to show why your study is needed/useful.
6. Make sure to tie your conclusions to your intro.
— Bara Kurdi, MD (@BaraKurdiMD) October 15, 2021
Make sure the background matches your aim & relevant findings! Be very succinct & to the point!
— Dr. Heather Francis (@heatherleefran) October 15, 2021