We are committed to your safety and are prepared to hold a safe, in-person meeting in Chicago. Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2023 will follow CDC recommendations and will refer to COVID-19 Community Levels when informing participants about decisions pertaining to health and safety precautions for the meeting.
If you are attending DDW 2023, we strongly recommend that you take the following precautions:
- Ensure that your COVID-19 vaccinations are up to date.
- Take a rapid COVID test within 24 hours prior to your departure for the meeting and do not attend in person if you test positive.
- Do not attend the meeting if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection and leave the meeting if you develop such symptoms.
- Wear a mask in crowded indoor settings. A limited number of masks will be available onsite for meeting registrants.
- Follow all health and safety protocols as required by the meeting facility and local and state health departments.
- Review and implement the current CDC guidance for protecting yourself from COVID-19.
In the event that you are unable to attend in person due to illness or a positive COVID-19 test, as a registered attendee, you will have access to:
- Online programming (four concurrent channels of live streamed sessions); and
- On demand (session recordings) to the in-person scientific sessions.
In-person attendees can switch to online-only at any time before the meeting.
Registered attendees will be notified in advance of any changes to meeting precautions, recommendations or requirements.
Our FAQs will be updated as planning progresses. If there is something not answered, please submit a ticket to our help desk. This will help direct your question to the appropriate pe