Come to gain insights. Leave with valuable skills. Whether you’re looking for the latest research, information on changes to clinical practice, or connections to grow your career, you’ll find it here at Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2023. Register today to access dedicated programming and networking opportunities for trainees and early career GIs, so you can find what you need to advance your career.
“DDW is the best place to explore all areas of GI and hepatology as a resident. It’s one of the few places residents are allowed to hold endoscopes, and it’s here that I discovered my love for GI.” —Abel Joseph, MD, Cleveland Clinic Foundation (PGY-3)
Here for Knowledge
We’ve created a dedicated landing page on the DDW website just for trainees; view more sessions that might be of interest to you.
- AASLD Hepatology Skills Workshops: Saturday, May 6, 8–11:30 a.m.
- AASLD Career Options in Hepatology: Engaging Trainees in the Diversity of Career Pathways in Hepatology and Liver Transplant: Sunday, May 7, 10–11:30 a.m.
- AGA Board Review Course: Sunday, May 7, 1:30–5:30 p.m.
- AGA Establishing a Career in Esophageal and Gastric Diseases: Sunday, May 7, 4–5:30 p.m.
Here for Connections
Connect with experts and other colleagues who are in the same career stage as you. View a full calendar of networking opportunities on the DDW website.
- AGA & DHPA Trainee and Early Career Networking Event (DDW Trainee & Early Career Lounge, South Hall A, Level 3): Sunday, May 7, 2–3 p.m.
- ASGE Fellows Networking Session (Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Clark ABC Room): Saturday, May 6, 5:30–6:30 p.m.
- AGA Meet Ups (AGA Central, South Hall A, Level 3):
- GI researchers: Saturday, May 6, 9:30 a.m.
- Women of GI: Saturday, May 6, 1 p.m.
- IBD specialists (established and aspiring): Sunday, May 7, 10 a.m.
- GI dieticians: Sunday, May 7, 1 p.m.
- Trainees: Monday, May 8, 11 a.m.
- GI Opportunity Fund: Monday, May 8, 1 p.m.
DDW Trainee and Early Career Lounge
This space, located in the Collaboration Station (South Hall A, Level 3) is dedicated to trainee and young GI attendees to network and get tips from experts. Meet-the-Expert sessions offer a chance to get career advice:
- AASLD: Representing Hospital Employed and Private Practice: Saturday, May 6, 1–1:45 p.m.
- AGA: Meet the AGA Leadership: Sunday, May 7, 1–1:45 p.m.
- SSAT: Safely Climbing the Attending Learning Curve in GI Surgery: Tuesday, May 9, 1–1:45 p.m.
DDW Career and Recruitment Center
This is your one-stop shop for career and employment resources. Check it out in the Collaboration Station, South Hall A, Level 3. And on May 8, from 3:30–5:30 p.m., attend the DDW Career Fair to find your next position, hosted in partnership with Health eCareers. Check out the list of employers and register here.