Whether you’re navigating clinical advances or learning research and academic skills, Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) is here to support you. At DDW 2024, it’s not just about the destination; it’s all about your path. Topical scientific sessions, panels, live demos, peer-to-peer meetups, product and technology showcases — and other interactive experiences — ensure you move forward with the full power of the field.
Sign up now to join us May 18–21 and secure discounted registration! AASLD, AGA, ASGE and SSAT trainees, students, residents and postdoctoral fellows can register for free through March 13. If you’re not a member, we encourage you to visit one or more society websites to join.
It’s All About Your Knowledge
Our robust, self-curated program lets you take control of your curriculum. Sessions, posters and ePosters are organized by DDW Tracks, making it easy to choose the education and research that’s interesting to you. For example, all sessions related to inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are tagged to the DDW Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Track. View all tracks on the DDW website.
Want more info? Check out this page on the DDW website for attendees who are in training, where you can browse session highlights relevant for your career stage, such as:
- Branding and Leadership: Building Your Reputation Early in Your Career
- The Endoscopist of the Future: How to Get the Most Out of a GI Fellowship
- Meet the Editors: How to Get Published in an AGA Journal
It’s All About Your Community
DDW is also a great place to network with peers and experts across specialties. Some early career networking opportunities include:
- The DDW Trainee and Early Career Lounge: a space just for trainees and early career GI attendees, to meet with your colleagues in a relaxed and fun setting.
- Meet-the-Expert Sessions: get advice from the field’s brightest minds. More information and daily topics will be available soon.
- Social Media Meet Up: meet up “IRL” with the friends you’ve met on social media.
- DDW Career Fair: connect with potential employers and get your CV reviewed at the career fair, held in the DDW Career and Recruitment Center and hosted by Health eCareers.
- DDW World IBD Day Breakfast (sponsored by Lilly USA): join the IBD community at this special event in the Exhibit Hall to kick off World IBD Day.
- Q&A: all sessions will offer the ability to submit questions through the DDW Mobile App, so you can gain deeper insights from the speakers. Poster authors will also be at their poster boards to answer questions from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. on the day of scheduled presentation.
Watch this video to hear from trainees and early career attendees on how they take advantage of networking opportunities at DDW.
What Your Peers Say About DDW
“Grateful to have presented our work at my first @DDWMeeting! Was an incredible experience to learn from and meet such inspiring gastroenterologists!” — Courtney Balgobin, MD, DDW 2023 trainee attendee
“Such a great time catching up with the 🌟 @DDWMeeting! #DDW2023 has given me the opportunity for new connections and collaborations.” — Dushyant Singh Dahiya, MD, DDW 2023 trainee attendee
“I had a great time at my first @DDWMeeting with the @PedsMotility team! It was so exciting to learn more about new research developments, and to explore Chicago along the way. Very grateful for this experience and all of the support! #DDW2023” — Anna Leone, DDW 2023 trainee attendee