As if the sunshine and beautiful weather aren’t enough, the Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2019 host city, San Diego, CA, is a waterfront city that promises both fun and relaxation. Whether this is your first time in San Diego or your fifth, you are sure to find yourself immersed in activities you will enjoy during your stay. Read on for five amazing things to do during your downtime in San Diego and view the San Diego Attendee Guide for more ideas.
Discover San Diego
- Explore the Gaslamp Quarter, the West Coast’s premier entertainment district, for nightlife and phenomenal cuisine.
- Take a stroll through Balboa Park, 1,200 acres of beautiful gardens, more than 15 museums and other recreational attractions.
- Experience one of San Diego’s best views by visiting the San Diego Zoo and catching a ride on the Skyfari Aerial Tram.
- For an unbeatable dining experience, head to Liberty Public Market in San Diego’s Liberty Station, a mere three miles from the San Diego airport.
- Go on a mission to Mission Bay Park, a 4,600-acre aquatic playground and the largest water park of its kind in the world.