The ways in which you’ve developed your technical skills changed during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, one thing remained the same — to continue growing in your career, you need access to the latest research and information on changes to clinical practice. You’ll find these elements at Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2022. As you start to plan your itinerary, keep in mind these sessions and activities that may be applicable to you.
Trainee and Early Career GI Lounge
Come meet and network with peers from around the world in this space dedicated to trainees and early career GIs, located in Sails Pavilion (Upper Level). Plus, get career advice during Meet-the-Expert sessions. The lounge is supported by Janssen Biotech, Inc.
- APP Experts | Saturday, May 21, 3:30–4 p.m.
- Meet the AGA Leadership | Sunday, May 22, 1–1:45 p.m.
- NASH | Sunday, May 22, 3:30–4 p.m.
- Seeking Your First Job: How to Make Your Interview Successful | Monday, May 23, 1–1:45 p.m.
- Career Options in Hepatology | Monday, May 23, 3:30–4 p.m.
- Alcohol Use Disorder Meet the Experts | Tuesday, May 24, 12:15–1 p.m.
Hours of Operation:
Sunday, May 21 through Monday, May 23, 8 a.m.– 5p.m.
Tuesday, May 24, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
Grow Your Career
The DDW Career & Recruitment Center is your one-stop show for career and employment resources during the meeting. Browse open job positions and sign up for a virtual CV review. Be sure to also register for the DDW Virtual Career Fair, May 25 from 5–8 p.m., to connect with employers.
Grow Your Network
DDW and the sponsoring societies will offer opportunities to connect with both leading experts and peers. View the full networking calendar on the DDW website.
- SSAT Resident and Fellow Career Workshop | Saturday, May 21, 4–5:30 p.m.
- ASGE Fellows Networking Session | Saturday, May 21, 5–6:30 p.m.
- Social Media Meet Up | Saturday, May 21, 6:30–8 p.m.
- AGA and DHPA Trainee & Early Career Networking Hour| Sunday, May 22, 2–3 p.m.
Browse the full meeting agenda using the DDW Online Planner or DDW Mobile App. To bookmark sessions and create a schedule, login with your last name and the DDW registration ID number from your registration confirmation email or meeting badge. Once logged in, you also can sync the online planner with the mobile app.
- Advancing Clinical Practice: GI-Fellow-Directed Quality-Improvement Projects |
Sunday, May 22, 4–5:30 p.m.
- Beyond the Basics: Making the Most of the Third Year of Fellowship | Monday, May 23, 8–9:30 a.m.
- Focus on GI Career: An ASGE Women in Endoscopy Symposium | Monday, May 23, 10–11:30 a.m.
- AGA Board Review Course | Monday, May 23, 1:30–5:30 p.m.
- Top 10 Tips for Succeeding in the Second Five Years After Fellowship | Tuesday, May 24, 8–9:30 a.m.